Microtek Custom Imaging Process
Microtek has been developing custom PC images for more than 20 years. In that time, PC’s have grown smaller, faster, more mobile and made us evolve along with them. We have advanced our imaging processes using new software, new hardware and technics that we continue to refine in order to keep up with the ever-changing PC design.
Microtek’s Imaging Server
Microtek worked with Dell to design and build a custom Imaging Server, the IM20K. We then worked with a software manufacturer to customize an imaging software that would allow us to deploy images with the speed and reliability that we require to satisfy our clients. The result was a custom imaging system that could produce over 10 times the number of finished PC’s in the same amount of time as previous.
Microtek’s Imaging Process
However, the imaging process is much more than just the hardware and software that we use. The most important parts of our custom imaging department are the technicians and our image creation process.
The process for creating a custom image consists of three main steps.
- What does the user need and expect?
- This will help us select the PC hardware to be used and what software or additional peripheral devices may be needed.
- What will the PC look like?
- This will determine how we will build the image; what software, settings, shortcuts and customizations will be required.
- What can we do to make it better?
- We strip the PC down to its base and rebuild it to meet the specific design needs of the end user. We also install some third-party software to allow us to more easily support the PC and allow for a custom recovery process if needed.
- Finally, we deploy and test the image on multiple pieces of hardware before mass deployment and delivery to the end user.
Microtek’s Imaging Advantage
Our years of experience, have learned taught us one inevitable fact;
Sometimes, things break.
We have also learned that it is not whether something can be broken that matters as much as whether something can be fixed. This is where Microtek stands above the rest.
During the image development process, we build in features and install supporting software that makes the end user’s experience more reliable and enjoyable. We remove unwanted software that may cause problems or slow performance with your system. We remove any third-party software and trial versions of software that are not needed. All of this adds to the reliability of the PC and improves the end user’s experience.
However, there is always the chance for something to break and that is where Microtek’s customer service comes to the rescue……….